Finally Friday
Sorry it has been a while since we have posted. Not too much new to report. Maria passed her latest SOS test today, which she has been studying very hard for over that past several weeks, only two more to go and she is done! I have a friend that is currently in D.C. at the AF Intern Program and he has found out that the board has met and decided the selection of 30 officers going in August, but they will not be releasing the results for 30 days from the day they met (19 Jan), so we are looking at a mid-Feb announcement. Maria and I just want to know one way or another so we can start planning.
Graduation is only 2 months away, and next week I defend my thesis (Friday). Next week will actually be very busy, I have a paper and presentation due Monday in my Reactors class, then a mid-term in my Proliferation of WMD class on Tuesday, then my defense on Friday (which should take a few days to prep for). But once I have defended, there is usually not much more work to do on the thesis besides some minor revisions to the document. We are hoping to publish two articles in some scientific journals, and we haven't determined whether or not I will write them. If I write them, I will get first author credit, which is kind of a big deal in the academic world, but if I don't I will still get credit for being published since I did all of the theory and implementation work.
Well it is getting late so we are going to head to bed, hopefully this weekend we will have time to upload some more images and add to the posts.
Rusty & Maria
Graduation is only 2 months away, and next week I defend my thesis (Friday). Next week will actually be very busy, I have a paper and presentation due Monday in my Reactors class, then a mid-term in my Proliferation of WMD class on Tuesday, then my defense on Friday (which should take a few days to prep for). But once I have defended, there is usually not much more work to do on the thesis besides some minor revisions to the document. We are hoping to publish two articles in some scientific journals, and we haven't determined whether or not I will write them. If I write them, I will get first author credit, which is kind of a big deal in the academic world, but if I don't I will still get credit for being published since I did all of the theory and implementation work.
Well it is getting late so we are going to head to bed, hopefully this weekend we will have time to upload some more images and add to the posts.
Rusty & Maria

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home